What is ethical jewellery?
In a nutshell, ethical jewellery that has no negative impact on the people who make it, or the environment they’re produced in. That can mean:
- Using materials you can trace back to the source, to ensure they’ve been produced ethically, eg, fair-trade materials and conflict-free diamonds
- Using recycled materials such as gemstones
- Not using child labour and ensuring fair wages and working hours
- Not using practices that pollute or impact the environment in a negative way
- Also, is it built to last? We believe that for jewellery to be ethical it must also be sustainable, so it can last a lifetime, or one day is repurposed into something entirely new!
Ultimately, whether chosen from an internationally known jeweller, vintage retailer or an artisanal creator, one thing is certain: our choices in jewellery are usually emotionally driven and buying pieces that are as clean and clear as your conscious surely makes them all the more beautiful.