Half-moon necklace gold is sterling silver with a gold plated finish. This crescent moon pendant looks fantastic worn alone or layered with other celestial styled necklaces
Either as part of a pre-layered necklace or not, a moon necklace is a fabulous jewelry piece. Since the half-moon is a delicate milky color, it works best set in gold. Cool tones like silver or white gold take away from the moonstone, but yellow gold or even rose gold enhances its fabulous glow.
- Crescent moon necklaces often come in silver and gold – you can also find moon pendants with stars engraved within them
- The moon is a symbol of magic and protection.
- The moon is often seen as a female symbol of empowerment
Mother moons and female empowerment
It can get easily scratched which is why you will mostly find it set in a secure setting, like the bezel one. The moon doesn’t need a setting to enhance its shine, like the crystal does, because of its delicate inner glow. So don’t worry about the setting taking away from the stone and choose a half moon necklace that features this gem in a bezel or flush setting.
- THE DETAILS
- Made from 925 Sterling Silver with 18K gold plated finish
- Moon dimensions 1.9cm by 1.9cm
- Made in the UK
- The crescent moon was known to symbolize femininity